Stuff I Found

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Schools Squash Creativity!

Schools mercilessly squash creativity; they grind it into the dirt with boots and laugh.

Something I discuss often, usually to people who are tired of hearing it, is how much I hate the modern education system. Well, most people do, I guess, but most people I talk to blame the students for being so darn lazy these days...

Anyway, every now and then I come across encouraging articles or books or videos that at least somehow give me a sense of reassurance that in the future it will all be different because the current system won't be able to sustain itself. (Too bad it will be too late for me, and I'll have to try to not agonize about that for the rest of my life.)

So here's a great video I came across about the role of creativity in education, hope you enjoy it, even if you still think learning useless things you're not interested in and you're never going to use again should continue for all students until they're about 18...



Hate to say I told you so... :-P

2 Comments:

  • It's true!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 AM  

  • "If you're afraid to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home