Stuff I Found

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Snape is good!

Read no further if you haven't read Harry Potter book 6 yet and do not want to find out that Snape killed Dumbledore... d'oh! Sorry, oh well, now you can read on. Here's my Harry Potter book 7 theory in regards to Snape. This is really nothing that bold, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to come to this conclusion, because once you do it really makes more sense than anything else. I am 100% sure I am right on this, so I just wanted to state it somewhere on my website for the record.

Basically, Snape is good despite having killed Dumbledore. You see, Dumbledore knew this was going to happend because he actually asked Snape to kill him. Now, why exactly this is I am not quite sure (perhaps to save Malfoy?), but it makes perfect sense. When Dumbledore says "please" to Snape, seemingly begging him for something, we immediately assume that he is begging Snape to save him. But this is totally out of character for Dumbledore, and as Francisco from Atlas Shrugged says: "Contradictions do not exist... something something... check your premises." Dumbledore is not begging for his life, he is encouraging Snape to fulfill his request... the request that he kill him. Why do you think afterwards Snape is so upset at Harry for calling him a coward? Because killing Dumbledore was the hardest thing Snape ever had to do. Dumbledore was the only one who was willing to see Snape for what he really was: good. Dumbledore was the only one who trusted him. When I first read the chapter, I thought "wow, so, Dumbledore was betrayed by Snape afterall, too bad, so sad" but it makes much more sense if this is not the case. Snape being good also will have a very strong message for book 7: no matter how much evil someone has done, now matter how dirty someone's past has been, people can make decisions, people still have the power to choose good instead of evil, even in the shadow of Vol... Vo... oh, I dare not utter his name! Let's just hope Harry discovers the true nature of Snape before Snape has to sacrafice himself for Harry... as Snape is sure to die in book 7.

So... who will be the other character to die? Well, it obviously won't be Harry, that would be stupid. Now, this part I'm not sure about at all, but if I had to guess I'd say Longbottom since he just seems like a great character to die.

Since Rowling likes to add in useless subplots of relationships and teen romance in her novels, it is obvious Hermione and Ron are meant for each other, and Harry might find that Ginny (is that her name?), Ron's little sister, is the one for him, even though that creeps me out.

Lastly, that mirror that Black gave Harry at the end of the Order of the Bird or whatever will surely come in handy in book 7, I know it. Rowling has a plan.

Feel free to comment!

1 Comments:

  • The word "happen" doesn't have a 'd' in it, stupid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home